With the help of an amazing group of foster volunteers, we are able to give animals who are not yet ready for adoption a chance to live in traditional home environment. By becoming a volunteer foster caregiver to Forgotten Dogs of the 5th Ward Project, you will get the chance to teach a dog how to love and be loved, learn the ins and outs of daily home life, witness amazing transformations, and more! It’s an immensely rewarding experience you’ll never forget, and it saves animals lives in a very direct way. If you live in the Houston-area and you think you’ve got what it takes to become a Forgotten Dogs of the 5th Ward Project foster caregiver, please fill out the FOSTER APPLICATION.
What is required of a foster home?
– Daily care such as feeding, walking, bathing.
– Notifying us of any issues with your foster animal.
– Taking your foster to and from veterinary appointments (all costs are covered by us!)
– Taking your foster to and from adoption events
– Providing us with information, such as pictures, videos and biographies to post your foster online for adoption
We gladly pay for all veterinary care and can provide everything needed for a foster dog including, but not limited to: kennel, bed/blankets, bowls, collar, leash, food, treats, etc. If you are interested in fostering for Forgotten Dogs of the 5th Ward Project please fill out the online application and one of our representatives will contact you shortly.